Tuesday 1 May 2012

Trouble With HAIR!!


Hey hey hey Blogeeks (the lame term I will start using for blogging geeks like us!) how is your Tuesday?? Damn the weather is HORRIBLE here in Singapore! One minute its raining n in the other minute the sun is scorching hot like nobody's business!! Jeez..

Anyway as promised, today's blog will be dedicated to u guys with highlighted/coloured hair (like me!). I'll be reviewing a shampoo I came across with recently which is specially formulated for chemically treated hair. Along with the shampoo review, I'll also be reviewing a hair mask and also its leave-on hair moisturiser, all three of which are from the same brand/company.

A few days back, had my hair BLEACHED in highlights at a salon by the name of Cardinal Unisex Salon. Its located at  102 Yishun Avenue 5 , next to the AMAZING Blue Star Restaurant (I'll do a review on it another time!). For those of you who are familiar with affordable priced salons, I'm sure you know how the end results usually turn out right? Oh by the way I forgot to mention that this salon has been around for AGES.

Definitely gonna be my FIRST and LAST time going there. Why? I asked for highlights of PLATINUM BLONDE and this is what it turned out to be:

whatever colour it is, DEFINITELY not platinum blonde

So I Google possible reasons to why my supposedly-bleach highlights turned ginger/copperish. Voila. I thought it turned "brassy".  The closest-to-sensibility answer. Or so i thought. So I kept Google-ing solutions to solve my weird hair issues until I came across others who face similar problem to mine and they were discussing on this weird product known as a Purple Shampoo.

Okay I'm not too sure how many of you (excluding you natural blonds. DUH -_-) actually know of such product or have used one before but I was like "WTF?!". Hey, don't think I'm totally dumb ok! Try asking the salons in your nearest shopping mall for a purple shampoo and see how they respond!! Well i did! In exchange to my enquiry, they looked at me as if I was babbling crap. Oh well, at least you man-made blondes-wannabes in Singapore now know that majority of our hairdressers here don't totally use the proper products in the first place. How disappointing.

Anyway, in case you guys don't know, a purple shampoo is literally purple in colour and is specially  made for those with blonde hair, man-made or natural alike. The colour of the shampoo itself is to help to tone down the brassiness (awfull yellowish/orangish tone to blonde hair) of the bleached hair.

Its said that bleached hair is more vulnerable to discolouration from smoke n etc. Oh well.

So I found one here in Beauty Language. The product is called RPR Brighten My Blonde and it retails at a  price of $19.50 for a 300ml bottle;


I've used it for 3 days so I can't really tell if it's an excellent product but I'd have to admit that my colour did improve a little.  However, I wouldn't totally advise you to get it unless you regularly mask and condition your hair as it dries your hair after the wash, which is a turn off for me.  Bleached hair requires alot of moisture cos bleaching itself strips your hair of its proteins n moisture which of course, will eventually turn your hair as dry as a broom's bristle.

Try to Google for other alternatives of purple shampoo. Oh and another turn off factor is that the shampoo  itself smells like those bubbles you play as kids. You know, the funny chemical smell, but I guess its not too bad. You CANNOT use purple shampoo EVERYDAY because it will turn your hair white or grey cos these shampoo is meant to slightly lighten your horrible brassy blonde. For the RPR, I use it every alternate day.

Another product which I got from the same brand is the RPR Repair My Hair Intense Treatment. I LOVE IT! I have horrifyingly thick hair with damaged ends and I'd have to say this product did me justice;

Also retails at a price of $19.50 @ Beauty Language

I use this on alternate days too but I'm prolly gonna use it every 3 days cos it pricy for a 200ml tube and I've used 1/6 of it already!! LOL. I use this after I shampoo with my normal Asience shampoo. Leave it on ur whole hair and bundle it like a dim sum for about 20 min n rinse... Oh and did I mention it smells like the coconut sweet we used to eat as kids? Syok factor!!! LOVE THE SMELL! But seriously, this is good stuff.  I'd highly recommend this treatment.

Last product I used as a leave on moisturiser/treatment is ALSO from the same brand and its called RPR My Vitaliser and its pretty good too! The smell is a little like Brylcreem (T_T), just a tad more floral and pleasant. Not too shabby I'd say;

Retails at a price of $19.50

Also got it at the same shop. There was a promotion of 2 at the price of $30. Okay overall I'd say I love the hair mask the most cos I have a fetish for delicious smelling stuff and to be fair the product is awesome. My hair isn't as stiff as it was 3 days ago thanks to these products. In case you might be wondering why I didn't get the Brighten My Blonde conditioner instead, I personally find it ridiculous to get a boost of blonding brightener(which doesn't do justice when it comes to moisturising) when I just want it to lighten a little bit at slow pace so I can finish the bottle and get the result I want. But I will DEFINITELY continue with the mask. AWESOME!! XD

Alright then.  If you do come across better purple shampoo in Singapore, do update me. In any case, stay tuned for more reviews. Adios and enjoy Labour Day!! (you lucky people! I still have to work!!)

Toodles Blogeeks!!! AUUUUGAAA!! lol





4 comments:

  1. i just came across ya post. i was wondering if your other hair got lightened as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. come to think of it, ive tried the shampoo for awhile, i dont totally recommend it though cos it kinda dries out the hair. Unless you often do a diy mask for your hair than i think it should be alright. other than that, either the saloon did a TERRIBLE job(which i reckon is probably the case) or the shampoo aint helping much. ;)

      Delete
  2. for dark/black hair it's pretty much impossible to get platinum blonde in the first bleaching. You will need to do it around 2-3 times until it's pale yellow and then use purple toner to remove the yellow. But yes, hair salons in Singapore don't usually carry purple shampoos.. and yes I've tried asking around too, most of them don't even know what I'm talking about! I think it's because blondes/people going blonde is uncommon enough here that they don't need to cater for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like these products because they are all natural & healthy hair is important to me.Choco Treatment

    ReplyDelete